The premiere for the most anticipated movie of 2019 The Bling Lagosians held on the 16th of June, 2019 at the Film House Cinema, Lekki Lagos.
The movie was met with raving reviews, the general consensus was that this is the best Nollywood movie released of (2019), with intricacies that run deep and with a well-paced out story line filled with lessons. The Director, Bolanle Austen Peters’ generosity to the cast was boundless.
As much rave as the movie packed, the red carpet for the movie was a show stopper and one of the best red carpet premiere in a while with an ‘Eko For Show’ theme. Looks from this premiere will go down in history as iconic fashion moments for stars like Osas Ighodaro, Ini Dinma Okojie, Sharon Ooja, Teni Oluwo, Beverly Naya, Alex Ekubo, Rimini Egbuson, Idia Aisien, Linda Ejiofor, Linda Osifo, Taje Prest, Gbenga Titiloye, Bam Bam I and more.
Here are some looks that made Gistalways’s Top 5 for the Blokes & Divas:
1. Ini Dinma Okojie – Ini has proven to be every stylist and designer’s muse. She stole the show in a black fitted long dress, a monochrome cape with layers draping from her neck down her left arm and a black statement head piece.
2. Bevery Naya – Our melanin gorgeous actress gave us old Eko royalty in a yellow and neon green very structured dress with fringes and added a purple gele for emphasis.
3. Cee C – The Big Brother 2018 star stuns in a gold layered-fringe dress with high slit paired with a gold handbag. Just dripping in class.
4. Tomi Odunsi – Give way for our child star who is all grown up. Black and white never looked more beautiful. Tomi is really Eko for Show in the feathery inspired dramatic look.
5. Sharon Ooja – What a better way to give people something to look forward to as Sharon turn heads in the blingest dress ever. The dramatic strapes, gold embellishments, grey wrap around and a flowery head piece sits her comfortably on our list.
1. Ayo Ayoola – Classic man in a golden yellow cover all with a blue kaftan underneath with matching cap. Simple and blingy.
2. Denola Grey – What better way to show you’ve got it than to kill and animal and wear it’s skin? Denola gives us vibes in this rich and royal look.
3. Alex Ekubo – Okay, I feel like Eko would be more Fuji like but we couldn’t ignore Alex in this really extra corporate look, the feather details got our attention.
4. IK Ogbonna – Oya o, how else do you undo these blingy people to make a statement? Learn from IK and get a colour pop on the red carpet with an old look and switch it up with the shoes. Nicely done.
5. Kunle Afolanyo – The suit look with sneakers were winning the night. Fun colors all the way. Showing the old Eko what the new Eko is bringing to the table.
Agree with our picks? Leave a comment below.
Follow and like us on
Subscribe on Youtube: Gistalways