Hot Gist

Prayers are in for Chioma after testing postive to Covid19 and Sydney Talker in Danger

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

It was revealed last night by Singer Davido fiancee Chioma tested positive to Coronavirus and Sydney Talker could be a possible case as he has been denied healthcare treatment.

The good thing is Davido stated that their baby is fine and everyone in the team has gone into self-isolation.

Meanwhile, comedian Sydney Talker is condemning the Nigerian health care sector for denying him after complaining of the symptoms of Coronavirus.

Read it all below;

A week ago, I came down with some symptoms similar to that of COVID-19. I tried the NCDCgov hotlines several times for about 2 days before I got a response stating that since I have not started showing ALL signs & symptoms plus I have no recent international travel history or contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient I wouldn’t be attended to. I took to Twitter later that day expressing my displeasure for the response I got and most people including the NCDCgov dismissed it as a skit or probably an attention-seeking video.

My symptoms continued to persist and I reached out to the LSMOH through the hotlines all to no avail before contacting them on Twitter via @08000CORONA where I got a call the following morning.

I was told to get a cough syrup and mix lemon in hot water and take these liquids every morning and evening. I carried out these practices for 2 days with a little relief or so I thought, up until yesterday where I had serious difficulty breathing.

I was rushed to a private hospital where I was rejected because of my symptoms and was referred to the Mainland Hospital (Formerly Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba, Lagos).

Upon my arrival at the Mainland Hospital, the doctors on the ground reluctantly attended to the case after questioning me. Some of the doctors dismissed it almost immediately stating that the signs and symptoms plus possible confirmed contact did not fit the profile of a COVID 19 case.

A sample was eventually collected for testing after we insisted on NOT leaving without a test being carried out. While the test was ongoing 2 persons were immediately admitted into the Isolation Ward based on the fact that they had possible contact with a confirmed case.

We were later referred again from the Mainland Hospital to Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) for medical examination.  On getting to LUTH we were halted at the entrance of the Accident & Emergency Ward and told to wait outside.

We were questioned from a distance on the symptoms I was experiencing. After questioning, the doctor said this was a possible case of COVID 19 and referred us back to Mainland Hospital Yaba stating that they do not have adequate gear and facilities to handle such a case.

All these took place within the hours of 11 pm and 5 am while I was still having difficulty breathing, dry cough and my hands and feet were numb.

We eventually decided to head back home as there was no HOPE insight of being attended to. We placed a call across to a Nigerian trained Consultant based in the US who prescribed some medications to subdue the symptoms and instructed us to carry out certain tests.

I’ll be going live on Instagram tomorrow morning by 9:00 am to give a proper account of everything that happened yesterday night.

A video of Sydney Talker struggling;

Follow and like us on
Facebook: Gist Always
Twitter: @Gistalways
Instagram: @Gistalways
Subscribe on Youtube: Gist Always


Get live updates, exclusives, most inspiring and interesting gists on

Write A Comment