Big Brother Naija 2020: Why Piracy Policy must be followed and the harm it may cause
Piracy is been described as the use of unauthorized duplicate copyright content and sadly this is very much common presently especially because of the existence of technology.
One way or the other we are guilty of this and have failed so many times in adhering to Piracy Policy. If you follow our updates you would observe that we changed our style of update because we got to understand the value of creating our own content, even though it’s not an easy task we decided to take it upon ourselves to create our content in order to be unique and be different from other platforms.
Piracy in Nigeria
Piracy Policy in Nigeria is underrated, a lot of persons don’t take it serious or should we say they don’t understand what piracy is and the damages it causes. The people who are badly affected are the entertainers and this is one of the major crisis in the entertainment sector, people find it difficult to be original with their content, they copy and use other people’s content without permission or without giving credit and this is seriously spoiling the business of creating.
Rules and damages citing Big Brother Naija 2020
So Big Brother Naija 2020 begins on the 19th of July 2020 and they shared these instructions with rules and damages for piracy policy.
Here we are again, another year of Biggie turning Housemates lives upside down and creating more unforgettable Big Brother Naija magic. Those magical moments have a way of making “like’s” and “follows” happen, but in the quest to get the most out of your Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and other social media postings there are a few spells you should avoid.
Your position as a blogger or social media influencer means you are closer to our content sometimes than we are, but since it’s our intellectual property here’s what you need to know is a “NO-NO!” during your coverage of Big Brother Naija and all its wonderful drama.
1. When you’re looking for a name, please don’t use any of ours. Trade names and domains like “Big Brother Naija”, “BBN”, “BBN Season 5” are our babies, please invest the time and creativity to make your own.
2. Sharing is caring, but if you record over one minute of Big Brother using a phone, handheld device, Youtube, or any social media it will be considered a live stream. Live streams are forbidden and so bad you will fall our hand if you do’am.
3. We know you want fans to watch along with you, but abeg you no make any calls for fans to watch live or pre-recorded footage of Big Brother on your social platform. If people want to watch, they should do it directly with us.
4. If you have access to our text-based tweets or images from the Africa Magic website and all the official content from the Social Media pages BigBrotherNaija, DStv, GOtv and the content bank, if you use them then you must credit them, and if you don’t it’s gonna be wahalla.
5. Only put a watermark on the content you created, if you watermark our photos and videos, then you 419.
6. When the time to drop hashtags comes into play, use our official one: #BBNaija, or any of the other officially communicated ones. (e.g.#PepperDem)
7. Reposting and retweeting from our official Social Media Page is encouraged. BigBrotherNaija, DStv, GOtv and Africa Magic want your friends and fans to enjoy the fun too, so don’t be scared to share it correctly.
That’s the whole truth and inothing but the truth, so just follow the guidelines and we won’t become enemies after starting as friends. Now let’s get Africa’s biggest and reality show trending, and breaking the internet as usual.
Consider yourself advised that MultiChoice reserves the right to restrict or prevent access to certain social media platforms if the use of BBNaija content is considered an IP infringement. IP infringement may result in a loss of your social media handles and channels.
In summary let us understand what piracy is, avoid it and follow the Piracy policy rules given by any management. 🙏