“We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, youare not your struggles, and you are here now with the power to shape your day and your future.” ~ Steve Maraboli
Mistake is simply an action or decision that is wrong as a result of faulty judgment, lack of correct information and requisite knowledge on the subject. It is a part of man’s life experience.
Nobody can avoid mistakes completely. But, the mistake you make does not define who you are. The effect of mistakes you make in life will last long depending on your mindset about it. Most times, It leads to regret, because you may have had a better option or opportunity at the time to chose. Mistakes can generate the emotion of fear and anxiety. This happens to nearly everybody, but what you do with the mistake matters.
It is common to see people dwelling on their mistakes. They complain and feel guilt. They look down on their ability and lose self-confidence in the process. One mistake that you allow to linger in your memory can take away your power and ruin your future.
What should you do?
1. Acknowledge the mistake. Don’t live in denial.
2. Learn everything about the mistake, understand the effect and document the situation.
3. Develop a positive mindset about it. See it as a temporary setback.
4. Visualize and have a mental picture that shows your victory over it.
5. Be kind to yourself. Don’t be so hard.
6. Let it go and move on.
7. Align with positive-minded people. Seek solutions from those that can help. Don’t die in silence. Don’t be ashamed to talk it out.
8. Set out an action plan. Take action, be focused and persistent.
9. Avoid people with negative energy, else they will help you to drown in the pool of uncertainty.
That was the past. See it as such. Use your energy to power your present with positive activities.
You have all that it takes to shape your life. All you need is see it happening, be committed to take the needed action.
You can still be that champion this week. You can win this week. You can make the right decision again…never too late.